What we do
||The Veterinarians Act charges us with protecting the public interest by ensuring vets are competent to practise. We do this by:
- Registering vets who are properly trained and qualified
- Setting and monitoring the standards vets must meet
- Promoting high standards of veterinary education and conduct
- Accrediting and monitoring training institutions for vets
- Issuing vets with annual practising certificates
- dealing with concerns about vets' performance, professional conduct or health and taking action where necessary
- Advising and making recommendations to the Minister of
Agriculture and Massey University on things related to vets, veterinary
education and veterinary science.
Find out more about our Council members and committees.