Welcome to the Veterinary Council of New Zealand
What do we do?
Our role and functions are set out in the Veterinarians Act.
- We register vets
- We make sure they're competent, fit and healthy
- We make sure they're trained, qualified and up to date
- We set high standards for the veterinary profession
- We investigate complaints about vets
- We are a fair and consistent regulator of veterinary standards.
Information for vets
Information for vets who trained overseas and want to practise in New Zealand
Information for the public
What to do if you have a concern about a vet